Wednesday 26 November 2014

Tuesday nights are for making

You know your life's going strange places when you go out all night on a Monday.  The joy that comes after that however, in the depths of a sleepless hangover after a day at work, is that you feel the need to do something productive. I did this:


It's really not difficult to do, I picked up a little box of watch parts off Ebay for a few quid, some tiny jewellery pliers, cutters and er... rollers? I don't know, the round ended pliers, off Amazon for very little money too.  I then cut up a couple of old bracelets and put it all back together again using the watch parts as chain links. It takes some serious fiddling and a LOT of patience, but luckily when your brain is mush you really don't want to be doing anything more stimulating!

Make sure you use a bracelet with nice big links, or invest in some copper wire and tighten it all up yourself. Just experiment, is all I can suggest, and you'll probably end up with something way more interesting than mine.

One thing to note is that you should make sure the links are very firmly closed when you're in the making stage, the watch parts are really slim and flimsy, and if it gets the lightest bit of tension and you've not closed the links up properly, it will fall apart. Which would be really upsetting, especially if you've spent many hours making.



There you go, enjoy making your own if you so choose, I'll probably keep adding little bits and pieces I make out of these watch parts for a while. I also have a set of old fashioned skeleton keys I don't really know what to do with... Well I do. But I need a drill. Which costs... Oh sod it. I'm getting a drill.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment me.