Saturday 8 November 2014

Gluten free Reese's cup cookies (Recipe)


These were made in an attempt to please my newly-diagnosed-coeliac-housemate's sweet tooth.  And boy does she have a sweet tooth!  
I looked up a few gluten free biscuit recipes, and they all seemed to have the same mix up of wet/dry ingredients, so I made my own attempt at a mix of a few different recipes.  Also, with the fact that all recipes on Pinterest contain about a million wheat replacement ingredients, and  that these only have about four, very easily available ingredients in, is great.  Also it's not in cups.  You're welcome UK.


This recipe makes the amount on the plate above, give or take a few casualties from me being too eager to get them off the tray.

Ingredients (Easily changeable for just nutella or just peanut butter)
100g Nutella
100g Peanut butter (Crunchy is best! Good texture.)
200g Caster sugar
1 egg

Method
1.Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. Shove the ingredients all together in a bowl and give it a strong mix.

2.Spoon it out onto a FLAT tray (I made the error of making half of mine in a dipped muffin tray, don't do that.) in reallllly little spoonfuls,  I'm talking like 3cm in diameter. Small.  Give them some space though, they spread out.

3. Fork them flat, it'll make them spread better.

4. Oven, 10 minutes is a good amount of time, but keep an eye.  If they rise a little, it's a good thing, and also really impressive from a flourless recipe. Recipe continues after this little in-oven shot.


5. Take them out after 10 minutes, and LET THEM COOL ON THE TRAY.  I tried to take them off whilst they were still warm and they disintegrated. It was a mess. 

6. Enjoy!  Don't try eat them before they're cold, they're not that good warm. When they're cold though... delish.

They come out pretty flat, but also tasty, I'm thinking about putting nutella icing on them but I'm unsure if that's overkill.  You can definitely taste the peanut more than the nutella.  If anybody makes these and changes the recipe or improves it in any way, drop a comment below, I'm always looking to improve. 

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately everything that's Gluten Free (Not using specialty flours) ends up a little flat.. they look so so tasty though!!

    P.S Fork the biscuits teehee!

    ReplyDelete

Comment me.