Tuesday 21 October 2014

IFTTT

The last post on this blog may have seemed a bit odd, and out of my regular style.
(Just photographs? HASHTAGS?!)
This is because I've been farting around on a bit of a great website lately.

I'll let the website explain itself, it's quite good at doing that:
So what it does for me, is if I put a picture on my Instagram with #blog in the caption, it'll post it straight up here for me.
Handy for me.
More regular for you.

But it also does a whole number of other things.  It uses pre-written coding by some genius' in the world that upload it to the site, to create 'recipes'... bits of coding it dumps into two separate active accounts you have in places on the internet, to link them and make them work together.
This works on a load of different levels, from something as simple as linking your Twitter and your Facebook so that they change profile picture at the same time, to sending a text to somebody of your choosing whenever you're detected as being in the local shop.  I know.  Brilliant right?

If this helps you in life, you can find it at IFTTT.com
The coding is all editable as well, so if you have some sort of trigger/result situation you want to make, it's quite a good bit of groundwork for you to build on.  I know that one of my many bosses uses it as a basis for his 'Internet of things' coding.

Internet of things post to follow.  One day.

2 comments:

  1. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS :) So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If This Then That is brilliant. I used to use it for cross-posting to multiple blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Comment me.