Tuesday 7 April 2015

Pub lunch - via the bakery

Life of late seems to be an alcohol fuelled maelstrom of nights out and foggy-headed mornings.
I am setting about to change this... So finding reasons to avoid the pub at lunch is starting to become my favourite pastime. Here's my favourite one of late:

They don't sell Biskies in the pub.


These things are biskies. They're the brainchild of the founders of 'Cutter and Squidge', lovers of natural ingredients and new owners of a pop up in Soho. Dangerous. 
They come in a smorgasbord of different flavours, from the classic chocolate cookie, to the more inventive - pistachio and berry, and apple crumble to name just a couple. 
But what are they?! Delicious, is one answer. But what they're made of, is sort of a sugar cookie style biscuit, sandwiching a light, airy flavoured buttercream centre - made with half the amount of sugar as normal buttercream.


The result, all in all, is pretty mind blowing. I had the salted caramel one, and the facial expressions I was giving off whilst eating it were just expressive enough of my pleasure that HR nearly got involved. The natural ingredients and reduced sugar in the cream make them a much less decadent treat than they would first appear, which is good, as baked goods often leave a furry mouth and a sad stomach for me. 

The Cutter and Squidge pop up in Soho doesn't look like it'll be leaving any time soon, so I do recommend anyone passing to have a look, if not a try. Not only do they sell biskies, but a whole host of other cakes too, each of them a work of art in their own right. I'm sorry I don't have any photos of them, I was too excited by my own purchases.
The cafe looks like a very cute place to sit and have coffee and cake too, so give it a go, it's probably less damaging than a pint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment me.