Wednesday 5 January 2011

Any more for any more?

Posters on legibility. You may notice that with my mostly typographic/computer based design, my inspirations lie in the Bauhaus style. I love the functionality and angular style of it, I think it creates a beautiful image of words, in the simplest way. I like words.
So, the idea was that you create two posters advertising a lecture on legibility in type, the rules and whatnot surrounding it. One was to be highly legible, one was to be highly illegible, and also had to work as a set. So I made these, in the Bauhaus style, making good use of the grid system to manipulate and displace my type.
That was the illegible one.... if you couldn't tell...
And that one is legible, but still interesting to look at, which is important.

'Never mistake legibility for communication'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment me.