Tuesday 30 December 2014

Selfspirational


It would appear that, this year, I've already achieved the typical new years resolution type situations.
I've lost weight, got a decent job, got better at staying in touch with people and found my own happiness.
So instead of new years resolutions, the bottles you see above are just little messages to myself, that I feel I should pay attention to through 2015.

A rather lovely friend of mine gave me some of the Urban Outfitters colour drip candles for Christmas, but I had no candle holders... But I did have some prosecco bottles left over from a particularly indulgent dinner with friends. So these were to become my candle holders...



Once I had removed the labels from the bottle thoroughly (Nail polish remover helps with the glue), I used Montana gold spray paint, in black, to completely cover each bottle.

I gave them a couple of coats of paint, in the garden for ventilation purposes of course. They take a little longer than the average surface to dry - the are glass, and naturally, are a little less absorbent!

Once you've allowed this to dry, just lob your design on with whatever method you find easiest. I used typography, with a couple of gold and silver paint pens, but I feel like any sort of decoration will do the trick. Let's be honest, it'll be unrecognisable once it's covered in wax anyway.



So that's my candle holders for this year. Inspirational. Aspirational. Pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. Hello love,
    I've nominated you for the Liebster award! (It's just a few fun questions to answer)
    Click here I'd love to know what your answers are so link me when you're done :D

    ( I know it's not normally your thing but I couldn't leave you out!)

    ReplyDelete

Comment me.